POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Question on realistic lighting (using fade_power) : Question on realistic lighting (using fade_power) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Question on realistic lighting (using fade_power)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 21 Jan 2002 12:47:06
Message: <3C4C53F4.FD2F2246@gmx.de>
Hi there, its just me again!

I am modelling a little metal figurine (much like the well-known
wood-type
artists use as a sketch model). I did remember some posts a while ago,
where some people discussed things like using high rgb values for the
lightsources, but also low fade_distances and exponent in reflection.

I wanted to ask if there are some general strategies on how to find the
right setting, e.g. for the exponent (which was used as a specular
highlighting
simulation or something alike), fade_power and fade_distance etc.

So?

Tim

--
Tim Nikias